Attestation or Apostille of FMGE documents:
- MBBS Provisional / Passing Degree Certificate (English Version)should be attested by the Embassy or Apostilled in order to be submitted in the FMGE application.
- India, since 2005, is a member of the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961, that abolished the requirement of the legalization of foreign public documents.
- Apostille is acceptable in 105 member-countries of the Convention (For more info please visit the website: www.hcch.net).
- Apostille is done for personal documents like birth/death/marriage certificates, Affidavits, Power of Attorney, etc. and educational documents like degree, diploma, matriculation and secondary level certificates, etc.
- Any document Apostilled in one member country is acceptable in all the other 104 member-countries, a signatory to the referred convention of 1961 thus greatly simplifying the process of attestation by making it needless to get the documents attested in each or for each of the countries separately (Countries under Hague Convention is available at the following link: www.hcch.net/en/states/hcch-members).
Members of the Hague Conference:
- 82 States and 1 Regional Economic Integration Organisation in 2019.
- For the list of the countries/states, dates of membership, please consult the status table of the Statute of the Hague Conference (www.hcch.net/en/states/hcch-members).
Procedure for Attestation/Apostille:
- E-Sanad: e-Service for verification & attestation of documents of Indian Citizens.
- Details of e-Sanad can be obtained by following the following link.
- Attestation/apostille of documents not covered under E-Sanad:
- Step 1: Authentication of Documents
- Step 2: Deposition of Documents with authorized Outsource Service Provider.
- Step 3: Receipt of apostilled/Attested documents from Outsource agencies.
Fees for Apostille and Normal Attestation:
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA): A fee of Rs 50 is payable for Apostille of the document. (payment by means of postal orders has been discontinued) & Normal Attestation is done free of cost.
- Outsourced agencies: As the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is not accepting documents directly from the applicant/individual, all documents for the purpose of Attestation/Apostille by MEA are to be submitted and collected from the four designated outsourced agencies. The fee chargeable by the outsourced agencies per document for its collection and delivery for Apostille/normal attestation by MEA will be Rs. 90/- (Service Fee) and Rs 3 per page (Scanning Fee).
For more information:
Attestation Section/Apostille Cell,
Ministry of External Affairs
Jawahar Lal Nehru Bhawan, Janpath Marg, New Delhi-110011.
Telephone : 011-49018403011-49018403 (Attestation) 49018404 (Apostille)
Ministry of External Affairs Patiala House Annexe, Tilak Marg
New Delhi -110001 Tel No. 011-23387104011-23387104
Fax: 011- 49016638