Community Medicine syllabus in China
- Community medicine is an overlapping subject that deals with community health care
services, which include medical treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and health
education for people living in the community.
- This course provides students with the knowledge and research methods in health education, disease prevention, and medical treatment and rehabilitation of the community.
- The course will develop skills in the area of community health care services. The course is divided into 5 main sections: (1) Social factors and health; (2) Community planning and management; (3) Environmental health; (4) Occupational hazard and prevention; and (5) Community mental health.
Teaching hours distribution
- This is a 36-hour course, including 4 teaching hours each week in nine weeks.
|Introduction to community medicine||4|
|Environmental health (Part 1)||4|
|Environmental health (Part 2), Occupational health (Part 1)||4|
|Occupational health (Part 2)||4|
|Sociological and psychological factors and health (Part 1)||4|
|Sociological and psychological factors and health (Part 2)||4|
|Health behavior and health promotion||4|
|Primary health care and community health services||4|
|Disease prevention and control||4|
Examination pattern & marks distribution
- Class participation: 15%
- Quizzes: 20%
- Final term examination: 65%
Sample Exam Questions
- Detels. R, McEwen J, Beaglehole R, and Heizo T.,Oxford Textbook of Public Health, 4th Edition, 2004, Oxford University Press.
- McKenzie, James F., Pinger, Robert R., Kotecki, Jerome E.,An Introduction to Community Health, 4th Edition, 2002, Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
Discussion about this post