Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2021 – Eligibility to Appear in NEET-UG 2021
NEET-UG is applicable to all those who intend to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from Indian Medical/ Dental Institutes including INIs like AIIMS & Foreign Medical/ Dental Institutes.
- NB: If you wish to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from Foreign Medical/ Dental Institutes, NEET-UG is needed only if you wish to practice in India only.
Eligibility as per related Regulations is as follows:
Upper age limit
Eligibility for seats under the control of States / Deemed Universities / Central Universities / ESIC and AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU/central pool quota, AIIMS, JIPMER:
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats
Important note on open School or as private candidates:
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for NEET.
- Study of Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
Criteria of Qualification/qualifying NEET Exams (applicable to concerned INIs too):
+2 or equivalence
10+2 from The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination or equivalent (Approved /recognized institution & boards).
Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) & English (level not less than the core course).
For admission in BUMS Course:
For admission in BSMS course:
|Mathematics or any other elective subjects.|
UR/General category EWS Candidates: 50% of marks in the core subjects & English.
OBC/SC/ST: 40% of marks in the core subjects & English.
Education abroad: 50% of marks in the core subjects & English and their equivalency determined by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Unlimited until now
- NEET-UG Application and Payment 2021
- List of Barred Items in NEET-UG Exam Hall
- NEET-UG & National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Exam Pattern of NEET-UG
- NEET-UG Admission and Reservation