Eligibility for FMGE :
1.Citizenship: Indian citizens, NRI (non-residential Indians) & OCI (overseas citizen of India or citizen of India) Who pursue their primary medical degrees from foreign countries (Including Nepal)
- Exceptions: Indian citizens who pursued their UG/PG from the following countries (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, and the USA) don’t require to appear for FMGE/MCI screening test & they can apply for the direct registration in the MCI.
- Special case: Eligibility of candidates who have obtained their primary medical qualification from Pakistan shall be subject to their security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA), Govt of India. (The result of such candidates for FMGE shall only be declared on receipt of MHA security clearance as per MoHFW direction vide Letter No C.18018/09/2004-MEP dated 26-11-2018).
2. Primary medical qualification (MBBS/MD): The medical schools where Indians pursue their primary medical degrees should be listed in the WHO international directory of medical school & MCI recognized colleges list (eligibility certificates should be acquired by all the students from MCI once they apply for the respective universities abroad except for 2013 batch)
- The degree should be attested by the concerned authorities & the Indian Embassy/Apostilled to confirm that the recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
- Provisional degree: Provisional Pass Certificates shall be considered in lieu of Degree Certificate as per the regulation of.
4. The result of final examination for the said primary medical
qualification should have been declared on or before
Read more in the NBE Website ↓
Expert Opinion & Counseling regarding the Application Process:
- Dr. Sayed Abdul Cader MD
- Working as an Assistant Civil Surgeon in Royapatteh Government Hospital
- Founder Vice-President of RMGA(Russian Medical Graduates Association)
- Best doctor award in 2015 of Royapetah Government Hospital
- Award for working during Moulliwakkam incident from honorable late Chief Minister J.Jayalalitha
- Editor of Quick review series for FMGE
- Phone: +91 98843 29457
Discussion about this post