Epidemiology syllabus in China
- Epidemiology is an introductory course for medical students to learn general epidemiologic principles and basic knowledge in clinical medicine and public health.
- Epidemiology is the study of how diseases are distributed in a population and the
possible factors that influence this distribution.
- The students will learn how to describe the diseases or health-related events and how to design a study to evaluate the factors that may be associated with the diseases or outcome.
- These methods can be used to deal with the questions in areas such as etiology of disease, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prevention and evaluation of health services.
- The course of epidemiology is designed to assist the students to learn the basic knowledge of epidemiology and its applications.
- Quiz and example discussion
Teaching hours distribution
|Introduction to epidemiology||4|
|Transmission of the diseases||4|
|Measurements: rates and ratio||4|
|Screening and screening test||4|
|Experimental study: Trials||4|
|Etiology study & Cross-sectional||4|
Examination pattern & marks distribution
- Quizzes and homework: 20 %
- Final examination: 80 %
Sample Exam Questions
- Gordis L.,Epidemiology, 3rdEdition, Philadelphia, WB Saunders Company, 2004