Exam Pattern of NEET 2021
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with four options and a single correct answer/best option.
- Duration: 3 hrs (02:00 pm to 05:00 pm).
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs):
- Each Question Carries 04 (four) marks.
- To Answer a Question: The candidate has to find the correct answer/ best option for each question,
- Each Correct Answer / Best Option: the candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
- More than one option is found to be correct: all / any one of the multiple correct/best options marked will be given four marks (+4).
- Each Incorrect Answer: 01(one) mark will be deducted from the total score(-1).
- Unanswered / Unattempted questions: will be given no marks.
- In case, a question is dropped/ ignored: all candidates will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the candidate.
The marking scheme is missing
- Format of the Exam: Pen & Paper-based test, to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen.
- Medium of the Question Paper (11 languages):
- Instructions pertinent to the Medium of the Question Paper:
- While filling in the Application Form: Option of medium of Question Paper should be carefully chosen (once chosen cannot be changed)
- Candidates opting for English: would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi: would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates opting for Regional languages: would also be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in selected Regional language and English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of a question in the test: the English version shall be treated as final and the decision of NTA shall be final in this regard.
- Candidates qualifying NEET (UG) – 2020 would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the State Governments/Institutes, irrespective of the medium of the examination, subject to other eligibility criteria.
The options of regional languages will be available in the following centers only:
|3. English and Assamese|
|4. English and Bengali|
|5. English and Gujarati|
|6. English and Kannada|
|7. English and Marathi|
|8. English and Odia|
|9. English and Tamil|
|10. English and Telugu|
|11. English and Urdu|