FMGE December 2020 recall/FMGE recall 2020
- All the MCQs posted here are sorted out from the pool of FMGE recall questions of FMGE aspirants through the meticulous effort of Dr.AestheticS@PKT.
- We shall dissect out the complete paper in-depth to provide the “FMGE December 2020 analysis” with the prediction FMGE 2021 pattern once we acquire all 300 MCQs.
- NB: Please let us know If you find any mistakes or clerical errors in FMGE recall questions!
1.Nerve involved in the given condition
a) Dorsal Scapular Nerve
b) Long thoracic Nerve
c) Suprascapular Nerve
d) Subscapular Nerve
2. Nerve involved in injury to medial epicondyle of Humerus.
a) Axillary nerve
b) Ulnar nerve
c) Median nerve
d) Radial nerve
3.Muscle attached to the arrow marked structure.
a) Gluteus maximus
b) Gluteus medius
c) Gluteus minimus
4. Indentify the arrow marked joint in the given image
b) Primary Cartilaginous joint
c) Secondary Cartilaginous Joint
5.Identify the arrow marked tarsal bone in the given image
d) dj Cuneiform
6. Nerve involved in the difficulty in eversion of foot and loss of sensation in dorsal aspect of foot is
a) Deep peroneal nerve
b) Superficial peroneal nerve
c) Sural nerve
d) Saphenous nerve
7. Structure marked in the image will end in…
a) Junction of Left jugular vein and subclavian vein
b) Brachiocephalic vein
c) Superior vena cava
d) Subclavian vein
8. Tendon marked ‘X’ in the given image is.
a) Flexor digitorum superficialis
b) Flexor digitorum profundus
c) Flexor carpi radialis
d) Flexor carpi ulnaris
9.Tingling sensation and paresthesia on medial side of hand. Which structure most likely be affected?
11.Which of the following enzyme is deficient in Von Gierke’s Disease ?
a) Glucose 6 phosphatase
b) Glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase
c) Acid maltase
d) Glycogen phosphorylase
12.Nitrogenous waste from the body is excreted in the form of
c) Uric acid
d) Nitric oxide
13.Complex 1V is inhibited by
14.vitamin deficiency shown in the photograph .
d) Ascorbic acid
15. A 40 year old man presented with black pigmentations of pinna and sclera of eyes. The color of urine changes to black on long standing . What is the diagnosis ?
c) Maple syrup urine disease
d) Hartnup’s disease
16. Which of the following is not a micromineral ?
17.Murugadoss brought a RTA case for autopsy. There you noted Stiff neck, stiff upper and lower limbs , Primary relaxation was absent .This is suggestive of –
a) Rigor Mortis
b) Cadaveric spasm
c) Heat stiffness
d) Cold stiffness
18..Which of the following produces catecholamine storm as seen with scorpion sting?
c) Sea urchin
19.The toxin extracted from the poisonous plant shown in the image is?
20.Sethu as playing cricket with his childhood friends, one of his friend hit the ball hardly and sethu tried to catch the ball but the ball hits his head and he fainted. After some time he regained consciousness and fainted again. This phenomenon is mostly associated with?
d) Intracerebral hemorrhage
21..Mr.Velu 35 year old male with big stomach ,got agitated , fainted and lost consciousness at airport. A bag full of enema & laxative was recovered from him . During treatment X-Ray abdomen showed as picture as shown . All of the following are true in this scenario except?
a) Abdominal scar is indicated
b) The person is malingering
c) He is at risk of poisoning
d) It’s a case of body packer syndrome
22.Monday morning at 5 am you went to park for doing regular exercise ,Unfortunately you found a dead fetus in a water canal . The crown heel length was found to be 25 cm . Distinct fingernails visible with minimum hair growth. Approximate age of fetus is ?
a) 3 months
b) 5 months
c) 7 months
d) 9 months
23. Gender assessment in a 12 year old child is best done by?
c) Hip bone
24. IPC section is related to doctor s medical negligence?
25. 28 years old married female after 4 years of marriage died & one note was from her mentioning that she was tortured for dowry, In this case, Inquest will be done by?
b) Village headman
26. 27year old female faked her pregnancy & presented a real child to blackmail a guy who is her neighbour,they were in illegal relationship , Which is correct about this case?
a) Suppositious child
27. Patrol police found a person was dead in bushes with tied arms. Cyanosis of nails noted with scratches over face,neck and chin. All of the following are correct in this case except?
a) Case of homicide
c) Case of suicide
28..Ragvan an IPS police officer was suspect a crime ,and he found the Stains over clothes when examined showed yellow color needle shape crystals. Examined stain is of ?
29.Madavan brought a gunshot case for an autopsy shows an entry wound with inverted margins & surrounded by tattoining ,burning,and singeing of hairs is not noted,what do you thing the range of firearm weapon in this case?
d) 3 meter
30. The cause of nasopharyngeal carcinoma is.
d) Parainfluenza virus
31 . A patient with RTA presented with Nasal discharge as shown in the image below. How do u call this sign?
a) Schwartz sign
b) Brown sign
c) Halo sign
32. True about BERA.
a) Invasive test
b) Used for SNHL
c) Used for conductive pathology
d) Is a subjective test
33.Atrophic rhinitis treatment is?
a) young’s operation
b) Nasal steroid spray
34. Cause of decreased bone conduction on audiogram
a) Fixation of foot plate of stapes
b) EAC pathology
c) Cochlear pathology
d) Ossicular pathology
35. Laryngeal crepitus is seen in all except ?
b) It is present normally in every individual
c) Post cricoid carcinoma
d) CA larynx
36.A presented with bilateral neck swelling , temporoparietal neuralgia and unilateral hearing loss. The diagnosis
a) Nasopharyngeal carcinoma
b) Juvenile Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma
c) Hypopharyngeal carcinoma
d) Laryngeal carcinoma
37.A child presented with a high arched palate and mouth breathing and failure to thrive . The probable diagnosis is
A) Tonsil hypertrophy
B) Adenoid hypertrophy
C) Lingual tonsil hypertrophy
38.A infant presented with inspiratory stridor, the clinical picture is shown below . The diagnosis is
a) Acute epiglottis
b) RLN palsy
c) SLN palsy
39.A patient presented with of the pulsation of tonsil. The cause is .
a) Aneurysm of the common carotid .
b) Aneurysm of the external carotid
c) Carotid body tumour
d) Internal carotid artery aneurysm/aberrant /medialized.
40.What is the causative agent of CROUP ?
a) H. influenzae
c) Streptococcus pneumonia
41. find out the image shown below
a) Hollman Miller sign
b) Water’s view
c) C.cadwell sign
d) basal view
42. Identify the image below.
a) cottles manoeuvre
b) maxillary sinsus
c) Valsalva maneuver
d) Semont-Liberatory maneuvers
43. condition shown in image.
MICRO + PATHO
44.Owl eye inclusions are seen in?
45.The image below shows origin from which of the following cells ?
a) B Cell
b) CD4 T Cell
c) NK cell
d) CD8 T cell
46. Identify the organism stained by India ink dye and shown below?
a) Cryptococcus neoformans
47. 56 year old diabetic patient has chronic renal failure and is undergoing hemodialysis. Which of the following amyloid is most likely to get deposited ?
c) Abeta 2
48. Identify the eggs as shown in image below ?
a) Trichuris trichuira
b) Enterobius vermicularis
49.50 year old man presented with gum bleeding . Peripheral smear shows marked leucocytosis with 70 % cells showing MPO positivity. Diagnosis?
50. 83 year old man shows presence of a perinuclear pigment in the cardiac muscle fibres . What is the nature of the pigment ?
51. Which of the following disease shows you deposition of PrP?
c) Parkinson’s disease
d) Alzheimer’s disease
52. Nasopharyngeal carcinoma is associated with which of the following viruses ?
53. Patient with history of travel to OHIO shows the following culture smears characteristics with lactophenol cotton blue staining?
54. Which of the following is a high level disinfectant?
55. 55 year old patient presented with difficulty in breathing and rashes after ingestion of a sea food . He has shown similar reaction in the past following consumption of same food item. Which of the following hypersensitivity reaction do you relate this with?
a) Type 1
b) Type 2
c) Type 3
d) TYPE 4
56. Identify the organism based on the peripheral smear finding given below?
b) Plasmodium vivax
c) Plasmodium falciparum
d) Plasmodium ovale
57. Based on the given peripheral smear finding . Which of the following is most likely diagnosis?
b) Thalassemia major
d) Myelodysplastic syndrome
58. 25 year old male patient presented with diarrhea with blood, on investigation of stool sample, the organism was gram negative, non lactose fermentor, non motile, oxidase negative, H2S negative . Diagnosis?
59. 10 year old child with jaundice and diarrhea reported to hospital and within same period of time ,many children from the same school presented with same symptoms. Which of the following is most probable finding ?
a) IgM Antibody hepatitis A
b) IgG Antibody hepatitis A
c) IgM Antibody hepatitis B
d) IgG Antibody hepatitis B
60. Nurse got a needle prick injury from HIV positive patient. What should be done at earliest ?
b) Blood culture
c) Western blot
d) p24 assay
61. Fungal hyphae with acute angle branching and septate hyphae . Identification?
62. Vector for zika virus ?
a) Aedes aegypti
63.Most Radiosensitive tumor?
b) Ewing ‘s sarcoma
c) Gaint cell tumor
64.A women with secondary amenorrhea with history of curettage for abortion. FSH 7miu/ml. what is your likely diagnosis?
a) Pituitary failure
b) Ovarian failure
c) Uterine synechiae
65. A women after hysterectomy shown with distended abdomen. What is the electrolyte imbalance seen in her ?
66.23 year old lady presents with complain of post coital bleeding. On per speculum examination the following is seen, it bleeds on touch .
a) Cervical fibroid
b) Cervical polyp
c) Cervical carcinoma
d) Hemorrhagic cyst
67.Patient presents at 11 weeks POG with mild spotting per vaginum. On USG only gestational sac is seen without fetal node. Uterus size is normal. Diagnosis?
a) Missed abortion
b) Threatened abortion
c) Inevitable abortion
d) Incomplete abortion
68. 40 cc fetal material was detected on USG , planned for evacuation but the catheter goes deep into the uterus without resistance. What should be your next step?
a) Continue the procedure
b) Wait and watch
c) Give Mifepristone and misoprostol
d .Immediate laparoscopy to be done
69. True conjugate is ?
a) Lower border of pubic symphysis to sacral promontory
b) Upper border of pubic symphysis to sacral promontory
c) Posterior border of pubic symphysis to sacral promontory
d) Anterior border of pubic symphysis to sacral promontory
70. Identify the given manuever ?
a) Leopold 1
b) Leopold 2
c) Leopold 3
d) Leopold 4
71. 30 year female came for regular check-up found with 6cm x 6cm ovarian cyst. What is your next step in the management?
a) CA-125 followup
b) Laprotomy and ovariectomy
c) Laproscopic Ovariectomy
d) Combined OCP and follow up
72. A patient underwent OGTT at 27 weeks of Gestation. Her fasting blood glucose was 130 mg/dl and at 2 hour , blood glucose was 200mg/dl. AFI=14 . What is your next step in the management ?
a) Start insulin and check at 34 weeks
b) Admit her and start insulin
c) Repeat OGTT
d) Start insulin and monthly checkup
73. Most dependent part in a sitting female ?
a) Pouch of douglous
b) Paracolic gutter
c) Hepatorenal pouch
d) Messenteric sinus
74. In a retroverted uterus , a mass is present in lower uterine cavity . Palpated through posterior fornix . Patient is nulliparous & infertile. Tenderness is present in posterior fornix . Diagnosis?
c) Fibroid uterus
d) Ca uterus
75.A patient is in labour, on per vaginal examination cervix is 5 cm dilated and fully effaced. She is in which stage of labour?
a) Latent phase of first stage
b) Active phase of first stage
c) Transition to second stage
d) Second stage
76. identify the findings shown in the image.
a) Hydatiform mole
c) C.Molar pregnancy
d) None of the above
77. Identify the findings shown in the image.
a) Hydatiform mole
c) C.Molar pregnancy
d) None of the above
78.22 year old female asking for an emergency contraception within 8 hours of sexal assault and she is on 13 th day of the cycle.What is the suitable emergency contraception for her
a) Levonorgestrel tablet single dose 1.5gm
d) OCP from day 1 st of next cycle
79. identify the findings shown in the image.
a) Monochorionic /Monoamniotic
b) Monochorionic /Diamniotic
c) Dichorionic / Diamniotic
d) Dichorionic /Monoamniotic
80.55 year old Patient underwent renal surgery, during recovery you have noticed that the patient
was shouting and having hallucinations Which anaesthetic drug was used?
d) D Midazolam
81. 36 years old female patient having unilateral headache, associated with nausea and vomiting Which drug can be used to decrease this headache episodes?
b) B Alprazolam
82.which of the following is the Selective estrogen receptor modulator
83. 23 year old college going girl had a intercourse with her boyfriend on her day 13 th of menstrual cycle ,she came to your hospital and seeks opinion ,What is suitable emergency contraception ?
a) OC Pills from next cycle
c) Levonorgesterol tablet 1.5 gm
84.Post marketing surveillance starts after which phase of drug trail ?
a) Phase 1
b) Phase 2
c) Phase 3
d) Phase 4
85.which monoclonal antibody is used in cancer treatment?
86. 61 years old Patient visited your hospital before with BPH ,you prescribe prazosin, after few days he came again with low BP. So what is your plan of action now?
b) Doxazosin .
87., A 14 year old child presented with proteinuria 4+, no hematuria Drug preferred in this case would be?
88. Patient presented with 6 episodes of depression mania & hypomania in last 1 year with recovery
phase in between. What is the probable diagnosis?
b) Rapid cycling bipolar disorder
c) Borderline personality disorder
d) Emotional unstability
89.Mr.X brought his 13 years old child to your clinic saying that his child is having difficulty in studies, cannot concentrate on things.and in investigation you got the IQ level of 55 ,which category he belongs to ?
a) Borderline MR
b) Dull intelligence
c) Mild MR
d) Moderate MR
90. 35 year old unmarried patient has a long term history of waking up in night and thinking that his family going to meet with an accident Probable diagnosis is?
a) Adjustment disorder
b) Generalised anxiety disorder
d) D. Panic disorder
91.what is your best treatment of choice for this condition.
92.ASHA covers a population of.
93.Zika virus is transmitted by.
b) Aedes aegypti
94.You are posted in PHC assisting work of newly joined ANM who is carrying vaccines,vials,tiffen box in her hand.From which of the following you will judge her knowledge of biomedical waste management ?
a) Food ite is put in White transparent box
b) Dispose where you want
c) Syringe with needle put in white bad
d) Vaccine wrapper /stripper of vial is put in blue bag
95.Statistical test of significance will be used to measure blood pressure in a group of patients before and after treatment.
a) Paired test
b) Unpaired test
c) Chisquare test
d) Fisher test
96.which of the following is absolute contraindication of given contraceptive image
c) History of PID since last pregnancy
97.Positive predictive value is a function of sensitivity,specificity and?
d) Negative predicitive value
7.identify the image.
a. Suraksha clinic
d.All of the above
98.Which contraceptive is avoided when a female comes after 6 weeks of pregnancy for postnatal checkup.she wants to continue breast feeding.which contraceptive is contraindicated
b) Combined OCP
99. Children of seperated parents are most addicted to drugs as compared to childre with normal parents.a study reported that chances of addiction among separated parents is higher as compared to non separated parents.this study is called
a) Case control study
b) cohort study
d) D.Retrospective study
100.which of the following is RABIES free country.
d) Andaman & Nicobar island
101.In a subcenter population,crude birth rate (CBR) is 25.What is the minimum expected number of pregnancy.
102.sample registration system includes all EXCEPT.
a) Death rate
b) Birth rate
103.Who is responsible for conducting active malaria surveillance
a) Multipurpose worker female
d) Male Multipurpose worker
105.Which organization is responsible for conducting maximum surveys in india
d) D.both a and b
106.27 year old patient presented with complaints of arthralgia, rough feeling of strain in eyes and difficulty to swallow food . Laboratory results shows ANA positive, Anti-Ro positive and Rheumatoid factor positive . What is your likely diagnosis?
b) Sjogren’s syndrome
c) Rheumatoid arthritis
d) Juvenile Arthritis
107.Patient with previous history of MI 3 years back, now presented with tachypnea , tachycardia and S3 heard on examination. What is your diagnosis?
a) Myocardial infarction
c) Congestive heart failure
d) pulmonary embolism
108.70 year old diabetic woman is on medication . Which of the following is a macrovascular complication in diabetic patients ?
a) Myocardial infarction
b) Diabetic neuropathy
c) Diabetic nephropathy
d) Diabetic retinopathy
109.Based on the given image. What’s your diagnosis?
110. Identify no. B(2) in the given image?
a) Opening of aortic valve
b) Opening of mitral valve
c) Closing of aortic valve
d) Closing of mitral valve
111.12 year old child presented with proteinurea 4+ without hematuria, which drug would you prefer ?
112. A patient presented with complaints discomfort on performing activities while he is normal at rest. Normal activites of the patient are slightly affected . Patient belongs to which NYHA Class?
a) NYHA Class 1
b) NYHA Class 2
c) NYHA Class 3
d) NYHA Class 4
113. Identify the type of Murmur?
a) Ejection systolic murmur
b) Pan systolic murmur
c) Early diastolic murmur
d) Mid diastolic murmur
114. Identify the findings below.
115. A young male , CSF findings are elevated protein, leucocytes, marked lympocytosis and CSF glucose is 18 mg/dl. Diagnosis?
a) Tubercular meningitis
b) Viral meningitis
c) Pyogenic meningitis
d) Fungal menignitis
116. Based on given ECG findings. Identify ?
a) Atrial fibrillation
b) Atrial flutter
c) C.Ventricular fibrillation
d) D. Ventricular tachycardia
117. Immediate management of give condition ?
a) Wrapping the chest tightly
b) Left sided thoracostomy
c) Right sided thoracostomy
d) Needle insertion and drainage on right side
a) Constrictive pericarditis
b) Cardiac tamponade
c) Pleural effusion
d) Dilated cardiomyopathy
119.32 year old female after hysterectomy shown distended abdomen ,what will be the electrolyte imbalance seen in her
120.46 year old female come to your OPD, On examination you find Purple striae, distant abdomen ,hirsutism ,red rounder face ,what will be your diagnosis?
a) Addisons disease
b) Cusing syndrome
c) Diabetic nephropathy
d) None of the above
121.identify the condition shown below
a) Prayer sign
b) Phalen test
c) Tineal test
d) none of the above
122.Protein associated with Alzheimer’s disease
a) Tau protein in intra cellular accumulation
b) amyloid beta 2 in extra cellular accumulation
c) Tau protein in extra cellular accumulation
d) both a and b
- What is the FMGE Pattern & distribution?
- FMGE Pass Percentage
- Reasons Why Aspirants fail to clear FMGE?
- Why do students start to Prepare Late for FMGE?
- Reasons for the Low FMGE Pass Percentage & Solutions
- Read More about the new FMGE syllabus prescribed by MCI India ↓