NEET-UG Admission and Reservation – NEET Admission 2023 Important guidelines:
- Merit List of the NEET (UG): NTA will only provide All India Rank list to candidates which shall be prepared on the basis of All India Rank.
- NEET Admission: candidates shall be admitted to Undergraduate Medical Courses based on All India Rank list only by Admitting Authorities with the existing reservation policy.
- Admission to 15% All India Quota: shall be as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulation of MCI/NMC/DCI, the judgments of the Supreme Court of India, and the procedure prescribed by the MCC under the DGHS.
- Admission to 85% State Quota: shall be also as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulations of MCI/NMC/DCI, the judgments of the Supreme Court of India, and the prescribed rules and regulations by the State/Union Govt. or its designated authority.
NEET Admission 2023 procedure:
Admission in State Medical Colleges / Universities / Institutions / private medical colleges for seats other than 15% All India Quota:
- Admission under State Quota Seats: subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State / Union Territory concerned from time to time.
- Admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses in Private Medical Colleges: shall be subject to policies of the Government of India/State/Union Territory.
Admission to AIIMS / JIPMER / Deemed Universities / Central Universities / Seats of ESIC and AFMC including BHU / AMU:
- Admission to AIIMS /JIPMER / Deemed Universities / Central Universities/ESIC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU will be conducted by DGHS / MoA / AACCC.
- Reservation policy will be as per rules and regulations of the concerned University or Institutions.
- Candidates should register on the MCC website for admission to Deemed / Central University / ESIC and AFMC for MBBS/BDS courses and AACCC website for admission to Deemed Universities / Central Universities / National Institutes for Undergraduate Medical Courses.
|NEET Admission 2023to AFMC, Pune:
- Shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- Candidates who apply for or for seeking admission in AFMC also need to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in / www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
- The short-listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC.
- Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further and exact details. The Counselling will be conducted by DGHS.
|NEET Admission 2021 to Deemed Universities /Central Universities / ESIC Medical Colleges /AFMC/ BHU /AMU:
- As per the provisions of the Statutory Regulations of MCI/ NMC/ DCI, the judgments of the Supreme Court of India and the procedure prescribed by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) under the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
- Further, the common counseling for admission to the MBBS course in the concerned INIs shall be conducted by the DGHS as per the time schedule specified in the MCI’s regulations.
|For all institutions:
- Wherein Counselling is conducted by MCC under the DGHS: Candidates may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions published by MCC so as to determine their eligibility to appear in Counselling for subsequent rounds.
- Wherein Counselling is conducted by the State I Union Govt. or its designated authority: candidates may refer to the Counselling Notifications issued by the State I Union Govt. or its designated authority, so as to determine their eligibility to appear in Counselling for subsequent rounds.
NEET Reservation 2023:
|NEET Reservation 2021 Policy
|Only in Central Universities and Institutions:
- 10% of the seats are reserved for the category General-Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS)
- 15% of the seats are reserved for the category Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5% for the category Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy layer (OBC-NCL)
|In case of seats filled by the State Medical Colleges / Universities / Institutions / Private Medical colleges under other than 15%:
- All India Quota, the reservation policy of the concerned State Govt. shall apply.
- No change in the category will be entertained after the last date specified by NTA.
- The reservation policy by the government from time to time will be followed by the admitting institutes & candidates are advised to look for the details at the time of admission.
NEET Reservation 2023 Policy for PWD Candidates:
- Candidates who consider themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital.
- Such Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital shall issue a Disability Certificate in reference with Chapter-VII of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017.
- Such a Disability Certificate does not confer any right on any candidate to seek admission in the medical course under PwD Quota. The aforesaid Certificate shall be to ascertain whether the candidate can apply to NTA for appearing in NEET-UG-2020 under the PwD Quota only.
- Upon selection under PwD Category: candidates have to produce a Disability Certificate issued by the Disability Assessment Board to determine whether they may register or participate in the common online Counselling towards admission in the medical course & considered for the admission to the medical courses.
- Common counseling conducted by it for All India Quota candidates and for Medical Institutions that are subject to common counseling by MCC, DGHS.
- Benchmark disability: facility of Scribe/Reader/Lab Assistant shall be allowed to any person with benchmark disability and has a limitation in writing including that of speed if so desired by him/her.
|Category of blindness, Locomotor disability (both arms affected- BA) and cerebral palsy:
- The facility of scribe/reader/lab assistant shall be given if so desired by the person.
|Other categories of persons with benchmark disabilities:
- Provision of Scribe/Reader/Lab Assistant can be allowed on production of a certificate to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write the examination on his behalf the Chief Medical Officer/Civil Surgeon/Medical Superintendent of a Government health care institution.
- Candidate to opt for their own scribe/reader provided: the qualification of the scribe is one step below the qualification of the candidate taking the examination.
- Candidates with bench-mark disabilities opting for their own scribe/reader: should submit details of their own scribe as per Proforma.