NEET Merit List and NEET Qualifying Criteria 2023 / Cut off :
- In order to be eligible for admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses for a particular academic year (percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All India common merit list in NEET for admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses).
- General category EWS Candidates: 50th percentile in NEET.
- OBC/SC/ST: 40th percentile in NEET.
- PWD (Benchmark Disabilities):
- 45th percentile for Unreserved Category & GEN-EWS Category.
- 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates UR.
- When a sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed: Central Government shall lower the minimum marks required for admission & shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
Factors determining NEET cut off for admission per year:
- The number of seats available.
- The number of candidates appeared for NEET/year.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
The inter-se-merit of candidates for tie-breaking: When 2 or >2 candidates secure equal NEET cut off qualifying scores then the tie-breaking criteria are used in sequence to prepare NEET merit list.
- Candidate obtaining higher marks/percentile score in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the Test.
- Candidate obtaining higher marks/percentile score in Chemistry in the Test.
- Candidate with less proportion of the number of attempted incorrect answers and correct answers in all the subjects in the Test.
- Candidate older in age.
NEET Merit list:
- Seats other than 15% All India Quota:
- NTA will provide All India Rank and Result to provide the same to the Admitting Authorities.
- Admitting Authorities will invite applications for Counselling.
- The admitting/counselling authorities will draw merit list of the candidates based on All India Rank in the respective categories declared by the candidates at the time of applying for admission/counselling as per State applicable rules.
- Seats under 15% All India Quota:
- The merit list of the eligible and successful candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats will be prepared by the NTA on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET (UG).
- The list of successful candidates shall be forwarded for the purpose of allotment of seats by Online Counselling to 15% All India Quota Seats.