NEET Preparation for Chemistry 2023: How many months will be sufficient for NEET-UG preparation?
- Optimally 4-5 months Prior to the Exam.
- 3-3.5 Months for Classes / Reading / Comprehension with MCQ solving.
- Last 1-1.5 Months for Revisions & Various Mocks.
Skills to Be Developed for Effective NEET-UG Preparation:
- Know the focus of the examination (Syllabus to be covered).
- Identify your academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Plan/strategies for a time-efficient comprehensive review.
- Increase your recall and reasoning (while study and test-taking).
- Increase your confidence in answer selection in the tests
|NEET Preparation for Chemistry 2023 Chapter-wise weightage & expected approximately MCQs (45 MCQs):|
|Chapters and topics||Average # of MCQs||Weightage|
|1. Inorganic Chemistry-I||8||22%|
|A. Chemical Bonding||4||9%|
|C. Periodic Table & Periodicity in Properties||2||4%|
|2. Inorganic Chemistry-II||5||12%|
|A. Coordination Compounds||3||6%|
|B. d-block & f-block Elements||2||4%|
|D. Qualitative Analysis||1||2%|
|3. Organic Chemistry-I||2||8%|
|B. General Organic Chemistry||2||5%|
|4. Organic Chemistry-II||18||26%|
|B. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||2||3%|
|D. Alkyl Halide, Alcohol & Ether||2||4%|
|E. Aromatic Compounds||3||6%|
|G. Carbonyl Compounds||2||4%|
|H. Organic Compounds containing nitrogen||2||3%|
|I. Chemistry in Everyday Life||2||3%|
|J. Environmental chemistry||1||2%|
|K. IUPAC & Isomerism||2||4%|
|L. Practical Organic Chemistry||1||2%|
|5. Physical Chemistry-I||7||17%|
|A. Atomic Structure & Nuclear Chemistry||1||3%|
|B. Chemical Equilibrium||1||3%|
|C. Ionic Equilibrium||2||4%|
|D. Redox Reactions||1||2%|
|E. Gaseous State||1||3%|
|F. Mole Concept||2||5%|
|G. Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry||1||3%|
|6. Physical Chemistry-II||5||15%|
|A. Chemical Kinetics||2||4%|
|C. Solid State||1||3%|
|D. Solution & Colligative Properties||2||4%|
|E. Surface Chemistry||1||2%|
High yield topics in Chemistry:
|High yield topics in Chemistry – Physical Chemistry:|
|High yield topics in Chemistry – Inorganic Chemistry:|
|High yield topics in Chemistry – Organic Chemistry:|
NEET UG Preparation:
- Choose the appropriate materials:
- Reading theory: systematically prepared NEET centric materials
- Revision materials: organize your notes exclusively for revision purpose (should be used parallel with the reading materials & for the revision later)
- MCQs: NEET + NCERT past papers & practice tests
- Avoid using multiple & unfamiliar materials to prevent confusion, delay in preparation & make your revision easy + effective.
Highly important Material in Chemistry NEET UG:
- Initial Reading:
- Study duration/day: 8-9 hours (depending on your energy & focus: Only 2/3 of the total scheduled time shall be effectively utilized).
- A very important point to be emphasized: Schedule is not strict & should be modified according to your happy hours & convenience but adhere to an organized study schedule from 10 m to 6 pm daily.
- This time frame is during which the NEET-UG will be conducted therefore, you need to practice to stay alert during this period (02:00 pm to 05:00 pm).
- Do not break concentration for long during this period.
- Take only a short break from your desk during this period,
- Never take a nap during this period (02:00 pm to 05:00 pm).
|Suggested Time Table:|
|7.00 – 9.00||Fresh up + Meditate/exercise & Breakfast|
|9.00 – 12.00||Study|
|12.00 – 14.00||Lunch & errands|
|14.00 – 18.00||Study|
|18.00 – 20.00||Exercise & Dinner +/- nap|
|20.00 – 22.00||Study|