NEET Preparation Tips 2023 – Skills to be developed for effective NEET-UG preparation:
- Know the focus of the examination (Syllabus to be covered).
- Identify your academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Plan /strategies for a time-efficient comprehensive review.
- Increase your recall and reasoning (while study and test-taking).
- Increase your confidence in answer selection in the tests.
Success demands self-discipline, steady commitment, and a sense of humor, therefore construct your schedule so that you intersperse serious times with fun times.
Develop your personal schedule so that you can create a realistic study plan based on:
- Time of the day or night are you most alert?
- Your preference for large blocks of study time?
- How much sleep do you need?
- Duration of the breaks & the activities you seek when you take a break.
Task Batching / Theming:
- Based on type or energy level to get things done in less time.
- Craft groups of to-dos together based on either the type of activity or by the energy level you have.
- Times of day in which your energy level is high or low.
- Use your high energy hours to tackle difficult chapters
- Use your low energy hours to tackle easy chapters
Chunking: break down a single task into actionable bitesize actions, reducing stress by making tasks more approachable.
How many hours/day should I study in NEET-UG & how to choose them?
- Study duration/day: 8-9 hours (depending on your energy & focus: Only 2/3 of the total scheduled time shall be effectively utilized).
- The very important point to be emphasized: Schedule is not strict & should be modified according to your happy hours & convenience but adhere to an organized study schedule from 10 m to 6 pm daily.
- This time frame is during which the NEET-UG will be conducted therefore, you need to practice to stay alert during this period (02:00 pm to 05:00 pm).
- Do not break concentration for long during this period.
- Take only a short break from your desk during this period.
- Never take a nap during this period (02:00 pm to 05:00 pm).
|NEET Preparation Tips 2023 Study Time Table|
|7.00 – 9.00||
|9.00 – 12.00||
|12.00 – 14.00||
|14.00 – 18.00||
|18.00 – 20.00||
|20.00 – 22.00||
- Should we sacrifice sleep during this period of preparation?
- Absolutely No. Minimum 7 hrs sleep /day is essential for the consolidation process of your memory.
- Sleep Research & Study Skills?
- During sleep, your brains sort through them, organizes them, considers them, calculates them, decide what’s important and what’s not.
- This process changes the physical structure of brain cells so that specific pieces of knowledge are etched more permanently in memory, referred to as consolidation.
Effective Revision for NEET-UG:
- Full understanding and knowledge can grow deeper with persistence, routine, and practice
- The scientific basis of retention & memory: Distributed Practice/spaced repetition (revisions) is proved to be the best method of accelerated learning & retention
- Phases retention of the new information acquired (Optimal memory curve):
- First 24 hours: exposure and analysis of the new material
- Within the First Week: memorization and synthesis
- Within the First Month: consolidation