The scheme of FMGE December 2021:
- Language: FMGE December 2021 is conducted only in the English language.
- Exam pattern of FMGE December 2021: Computer-based MCQs exam consists of 300 MCQs as per the prescribed scheme of MCI (FMGE 2021 syllabus).
- The FMGE is divided into two parts (A & B) to be taken in a single day.
- 150 questions with the time allocation of 150 minutes per each part (Totally 300 min = 5 hours).
- Single correct response questions/MCQ (1 correct MCQ will be given 1 mark).
- There’s no negative marking.
- Cut off (Pass mark): 50% mark is required out of 300 (150 to clear FMGE).
- Result (Pass/Fail): Result for the eligible candidates will be out on the NBE website by 31st December 2021.
- Re-totaling/Re-Evaluation: there is no provision for re-totaling or re-evaluation.
- Attempts: no restrictions on the number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant (currently).
- FMGE December 2021 Examination Date: 12th December 2021
|Activities||Part A||Part B|
|Candidates allowed to enter the center with security & Biometric Registration||07:00 am||12:00 pm|
|Cut off to enter the center||08:30 am||01:30 pm|
|Access given to Candidate Login||08:45 am||01:45 pm|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||08:50 am||01:50 pm|
|Exam Starts at||09:00 am||02:00 pm|
|Exam End at||11:30 am||04:30 pm|
|Duration of the exam||2 Hrs & 30 min (9:00 am-11:30 am)||2 Hrs & 30 min (2:00 pm-04:30 pm)|
What is the Medical Council of India (MCI)?
- The Medical Council of India was established in 1934 under the Indian Medical Council Act, 1933, now repealed, with the main function of establishing uniform standards of higher qualifications in medicine and recognition of medical qualifications in India and abroad.
- The number of medical colleges had increased steadily during the years after Independence. It was felt that the provisions of Indian Medical Council Act were not adequate to meet with the challenges posed by the very fast development and the progress of medical education in the country and a new one was enacted.
- Link: www.mciindia.org
The objectives of the Council are as follows:-
- Maintenance of uniform standards of medical education, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Recommendation for recognition/de-recognition of medical qualifications of medical institutions of India or foreign countries.
- Permanent registration/provisional registration of doctors with recognized medical qualifications (After the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam)
- Reciprocity with foreign countries in the matter of mutual recognition of medical qualifications.
What is the National Board of Examination (NBE)?
- The National Board of Examinations was established in 1975 with the prime objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by elevating the level and establishing standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on an all India basis. There are more than 149 recognized Medical Colleges in the country.
- Link: https://natboard.edu.in/
Expert Opinion & Counseling regarding the Application Process:
- Dr. Sayed Abdul Cader MD
- Working as an Assistant Civil Surgeon in Royapatteh Government Hospital
- Founder Vice-President of RMGA(Russian Medical Graduates Association)
- Best doctor award in 2015 of Royapetah Government Hospital
- Award for working during Moulliwakkam incident from honorable late Chief Minister J.Jayalalitha
- Editor of Quick review series for FMGE
- Phone: +91 98843 29457