Unfair Means in FMGE:
If during the course of training/examination, a candidate is found indulging in any of the following, he/she shall be deemed to have used unfair means:
- Wrong statement: candidates found to have made a wrong statement in his/her application form for admission to the examinations /counselling/training or has attempted to secure or has secured admission to any of the examinations of NBE by making a false statement or by the production of a false document.
- Tampered with any entry: If at any stage candidates found to have tampered with any entry in the certificate or statement of marks or any certificate issued by any governmental or non-governmental body or any other document that has been issued to him/ her by the Board.
- Use/possession of any kind of electronic gadgets including mobile phones with or without the internet (whether the gadgets are actually used or not).
- A candidate found copying from notes written on any part of his/ her clothing, body, desk or table or instrument like setsquares, protractors, scales etc. or who is found guilty of concealing, disfiguring, rendering illegible, swallowing or destroying any notes or papers or material found with him/her or found exchanging answer book or question paper with solution or talking to a person or consulting notes or books outside the Examination Hall, while going to the toilet or in the toilet.
- Having in possession of any form of texts including note-book(s) or notes or chits or any other unauthorized material concerning the subject pertaining to the examination paper. Anything written on any part of clothing, body, desk, table, or any instrument such as set square, protractor, blotting paper, and question paper, etc.
- Giving or receiving assistance directly or indirectly of any kind or attempting to do so (including while going to the toilet or in the toilet).
- Change of seats without the permission of Examination Superintendent/ In-charge Computer Laboratory.
- Contacting or communicating others: Contacting or communicating or trying to do so with any person, other than the Examination Staff, during the examination time in the examination center Computer Laboratory (including while going to the toilet or in the toilet).
- Consulting: Consulting notes, books, or any other material or outside person while going out of the examination hall/Computer Laboratory to the toilet or to any other place (including while going to the toilet or in the toilet).
- Forgery in photo identification produced to seek entry in the test centre/producing false documents for the purpose.
- Using or attempting to use any other undesirable method or means in connection with the examination.
- Trying to destroy the means of cheating: Running away or swallowing or destroying any note or paper or material found with him/her (including while going to the toilet or in the toilet).
- Copying: receiving or giving help to any other candidate through copying or copying from unauthorized material (including while going to the toilet or in the toilet).
- Threatening any of the officials connected with the conduct of the examinations or threatening of any of the candidates.
- Peeping into the computer monitor screen of the other candidate.
- Disclosing his/her identity or making distinctive mark in the answer book for that purpose or fails to deliver his/her answer book/continuation sheet before leaving the examination hall.
- Hacking or attempting to hack: Hacking or attempting to hack or causing interference with the website of NBE or its Technology Partner(s) or their Information Technology systems.
- Tampering with Information Technology systems of NBE or Technology Partner(s) or Computer Laboratory or Damaging the computer systems of computer Laboratory.
- Damaging the computer systems of computer Laboratory.
- Candidate appearing in FMGE is ineligible to appear in any other NBE exams till such time the candidate qualifies FMGE and is registered by Medical Council of India /National Medical Commission or State Medical Council, a candidate appearing in FMGE and other exams in the same session by producing false information/documents is an unfair means case and is to be dealt accordingly.
- Influence or pressurize officials: Candidate found to have attempted or trying to attempt personally or through another person to influence or pressurize an examiner, or any officer or official connected with the examinations of the NBE or its technology partner, either at the Board or at the office of technology partner or their respective residence(s), in any matter concerned with the examinations.
- Appear with different names: If at any stage if it is found that the candidates have appeared multiple times in the same session of examination or have appeared in the same or different examination of NBE with different names, unfair means case shall be registered against such candidate and dealt accordingly.
- The candidate is found talking/peeping to another candidate during the examination hours in the examination room.
- A candidate who refuses to obey the Superintendent of Examination Center/Computer Lab and changes his/her seat with another candidate and/or creates disturbance of any kind during the examination and/or otherwise misbehaves in the examination hall.
Violation & consequences in FMGE:
- Any candidate violating the NDA will be treated as UMC.
- Any act of candidate/any person which is detrimental to the safe, secure, and smooth conduct of examination and the decision of EEC in this regard shall be final.
- Any candidate found guilty of having adopted anyone or more of the above Unfair means/misconduct is liable to be penalized with a penalty by the Examination Ethics Committee:
- Which may vary from cancellation of the examination.
- Expulsion up to the next 14 attempts or 7 yrs.
- Cancellation of candidature as may be decided by Examinations Ethics Committee after considering each case.
- The above list is purely indicative. If any act of omission or commission attributed to the candidate/intent by the candidate to vitiate the sanctity of the examination, the decision of NBE shall be final and binding for declaration of any person/ candidate guilty of foregoing or such offence as shall be classified as UMC.