What is FMGE 2021 / MCI screening test?
- Why the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam?
Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), also cryptically called the MCI screening test or MCI screening exam or simply MCI exam (Medical Council of India), is a licensure examination conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India & has been introduced through the Screening Test Regulations 2002.
- Who is eligible for the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam? Indian citizens holding medical degrees from foreign countries (abroad) have to qualify in the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam in order to acquire the license to practice in the country.
- What are the eligibility criteria for medical schools? The medical schools where the Indians pursue their primary medical degrees should be listed in the WHO international directory of medical schools & MCI recognized colleges list are two of the mandatory requirements to apply for the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam.
- Through this examination, aspirants can get provisional or permanent registration with the medical council of India (MCI) or any State Medical Council.
- The FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam will be conducted twice a year (June & December) & FMGE aspirants have to score a minimum of 50% to qualify in the exam.
- Candidate appearing in FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam is ineligible to appear in any other NBE exams till such time the candidate qualifies FMGE and is registered by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
Overview of FMGE/MCI screening test / MCI screening exam / MCI exam:
- Purpose of the FMGE/MCI screening test / MCI screening exam/MCI exam: licensure exam to an Indian Citizen/Overseas Citizen of India possessing a Primary Medical qualification awarded by any Medical institution outside of India & desirous of getting Provisional/Permanent Registration with State Medical Council.
- Periodicity of the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam: Twice a year (June/December)
- The Scheme/pattern of the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam: MCQ based on a single correct response (FMGE exam Scheme/pattern):
- Mode of Conduct: Computer Based
- Number of items (Questions): 300
- Time allotted: 2 hrs and 30 min for each part (Total of 5 hrs)
- Negative Marking: No
- FMGE syllabus (MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam: As indicated in this Information Bulletin (FMGE syllabus).
- Criteria for passing the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam: Score of 150 out of 300 marks examination (50%)
- Fees of the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam: Rs.5500/- + GST
What is the Medical Council of India (MCI)?
- The Medical Council of India was established in 1934 under the Indian Medical Council Act, 1933, now repealed, with the main function of establishing uniform standards of higher qualifications in medicine and recognition of medical qualifications in India and abroad.
- The number of medical colleges had increased steadily during the years after Independence. It was felt that the provisions of Indian Medical Council Act were not adequate to meet with the challenges posed by the very fast development and the progress of medical education in the country and a new one was enacted.
- Link: www.mciindia.org
The objectives of the Council are as follows:
- Maintenance of uniform standards of medical education, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Recommendation for recognition/de-recognition of medical qualifications of medical institutions of India or foreign countries.
- Permanent registration/provisional registration of doctors with recognized medical qualifications (After the FMGE/MCI screening test/MCI screening exam/MCI exam)
- Reciprocity with foreign countries in the matter of mutual recognition of medical qualifications.
What is the National Board of Examination (NBE)?
- The National Board of Examinations was established in 1975 with the prime objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by elevating the level and establishing standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on an all India basis. There are more than 149 recognized Medical Colleges in the country.
- The setting up of a National Body to conduct postgraduate medical examination was intended to provide a common standard and mechanism of evaluation of the minimum level of attainment of the objective for which post graduate courses were started in medical institutions. Moreover, the intra-country and international comparison is facilitated with the availability of commonly accepted evaluation mechanism.
- Link: https://natboard.edu.in/
All you need to know about FMGE December 2020 in detail:
- What is the scheme of FMGE December 2020?
- Eligibility criteria to apply for the FMGE December 2020
- Examination Fee for FMGE December 2020
- FMGE December 2020 Test centers
- FMGE December 2020 Application Process
- How to Fill the FMGE December 2020 Application Step By Step?
- Instructions for uploading the Images FMGE application
- FMGE December 2020 Admit Card
- Required documents in FMGE Test Centers & Barred Items in FMGE Test Centers
- Reporting to FMGE test center
- FMGE December 2020 Test Day Procedures
- Caution Notice for FMGE Aspirants & Non-Disclosure Agreement for FMGE Aspirants
- Unfair Means in FMGE & Consequences
- FMGE Result & related
- Withheld FMGE December 2020 result
- FMGE Pass Certificate
- Download the FMGE December 2020 bulletin